11.13.2009

The Cloche

www.lizarietz.com
www.buygail.etsy.com
behidadolic.com

www.barbarafeinmanmillinery.com


As my infinite search for the perfect hat grows I came across many amazing handcrafted hats on Etsy.com. A hat is many times used to cover a bad hair day, but a great hat can turn the simplest outfit into a head turner, and turn a bad hair day into a good hat day. The skill of becoming a hatter is a talent many take for granted with the advent of large discount chains selling machine made hats for $5, but the reality is; a hat which a person has put time and thought into is not only a one of a kind accessory, but also a piece of art. I was so impressed with these artisans that I decided to dedicate my post today to the world of handcrafted hats, and specifically the cloche.




No comments: