2.18.2010

Print Mix






Blouse: Goodwill Skirt: Vintage Gucci, Goodwill Purse: Vintage Dooney & Bourke, Goodwill

I know I havn't posted anything from New York Fashion Week, but I have studied almost every collection. And have been compiling my favorites to post all at once-if my desktop had feelings, it would absolutely despise me right about now. I have been very inspired by the muted tones and mixing of subtle prints. So today I decided to take that inspiration and run with it.

I got this skirt at Goodwill a week ago, and bought it solely because of the print. Than five days later my boyfriend was examining the button situation in the back, and discovered a metal emblem engraved with one of my favorite words “Gucci”. I’m telling you, this one particular Goodwill is a magical place, I always walk away with the best clothing. I also bought this vintage Dooney and Bourke purse yesterday, at goodwill, the coloring is such a great muted palate. It will go with absolutely everything!

10 comments:

em.me.ma said...

thanks for your comment! haha no i did know sew all the sequins on! but i sew the studs; the sequins was pre-sewn onto the fabric I bough bought. how ever I am planning to hand sew each sequins on for my prom dress!

Ewelka said...

I love your purse so much! great blog;)xo xo

HeatherClark said...

love the blouse!

http://www.heatherinacandyshop.com

kacesi said...

Yay for the Gucci skirt. I gotta go to Goodwill soon... you make me wanna shop at Goodwill at the time. You have the best clothes!

Coco said...

You mix prints so well - it's a difficult art, but you have certainly mastered it. Love.

Schnella said...

Such lovely clothes!
xx

soph (owl vs. dove) said...

Loving the mixed prints. This Goodwill store sounds amazing!

Charlie said...

People I know always say that it doesn't look good to mix different prints, that it looks good with prints only if you wear just one item at a time. I think differently, it´s all a matter of how you mix them, and I think you do it in a great way! Love it!

the Citizen Rosebud said...

Stumbled onto your blog via Refuses To Label. I sooooo love your look. Am now a happy follower of your blog via Google Connect. Looking forward to seeing more of your great posts! -Bella Q
http://www.thecitizenrosebud.com

Every Little Counts said...

i love this mix of prints. so soft and feminine but quirky too. <3